Wednesday, June 09, 2010

happier.

I miss writing (geez.  then write, carin.). While I feel happy, I have come to the conclusion over the last several months, that I am even happier when I write.  Blogging the everyday is like therapy.  It is a way of talking to myself.  making sense at the end of the day of all that which doesn't make sense.  weaving magic into the mundane.  finding significance in the insignificant.  giving order to the random.  remembering what I have.  remembering who I am.  and the whole creative process of it all is incredibly exhilarating - I've gotten more sleep since my blogging has taken a hiatus, and yet, am more tired now, than when I stayed up late finding exactly the right words for what I was feeling at that moment.  I feel more confident when I write, even if my words indicate otherwise - because there is something courageous about putting your thoughts out there as though you think you have something to say...not worrying about what anyone thinks - like what if your photos suck, or if you're writing poorly. 

I think I just jinxed myself.
I should have knocked on wood.
Because all of a sudden, I am incredibly tired.
So much for incredibly exhilarating.

More tomorrow....

7 comments:

My Little Part of Heaven said...

I am happy you are back because I enjoy to read your words and to see your pics.
Since we all travel our own individual journeys, there are no rules to 'us' other than what we create for ourselves.
When you feel like writing....when you feel like capturing moments on your camera....and what you want to share....it is all about what you want. No one is the boss of you.
Just enjoy being YOU. Isn't that what 'it' is all about?
Much love to you and yours.

Kelle said...

We've missed you.
Can't wait to see pics of the new house.
Your flowers.
Weekend trips to coffee shops.
Kids in the sprinkler.
What a good place to start blogging again...xoxo

Tisha said...

welcome back.
i like the new clean look. :)

mrc-w said...

Carin! You're back! :)

Taylor K said...

welcome back!

Gini said...

Glad you are slowly making your way back. I've been keeping an eye on when that was going to happen...ok ok ...I have you in a reader and have been happy to see a couple new posts. Way back when I was sad for all the unhappiness you were feeling and longed to read your words to describe that. You just have a way. Them BAM - things happened in my life last September and I found myself mentally, where you were. It took me a while but after taking a brief step back I got back to blogging and it WAS exhilirating! And theraputic. (Though real therapy would have done a bit of good as well :) ) All these months later, I fell like I am still in the process of "coming back". My blog has helped and I look forward to seeing yours do the same for you!!!! good luck.

Malu said...

So happy to see your wonderful pictures and I'm happy to feel your hapiness again. I am Kelle's blogger friend ad I also enjoy the small things.
loving,
Malu