Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Day 2

Completely unmotivated.
Snacking on a bit of Cabot Seriously Sharp White cheddar while watching Being Julia
And it makes me want to act. 

My classes start back up tomorrow. 
Twelve credit hours this semester. 
Deadlines make me giddy.
I may freelance for the school paper.
Meeting with editor this week.
I love saying that.
Makes me feel...
Writerly.
Speaking of which,
My sister just got back from NY.
To meet with real editors.
As in, Harper Collins editors.
I know.
A real writer.

My Weepies are on tour this fall.
Ann Arbor and Grand Rapids
Or better yet, New York or Seattle.
I must go. 

Talked to Somer's principal today.
She said wonderful things about my girls that made me cry.
Even added, "I knew immediately they have an amazing mom."
Maybe she tells this to every mom.
Or maybe not.

Speaking of those girls,
I miss them.

G'nite.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're on a roll!!! good for you...

mrc-w said...

Aw, you are an amazing mom!! :)
Not looking forward to the first day of classes tomorrow...not that I don't like the people - I just really love summer so much!!! I'm going to miss it :(
If you write for the school paper, can you write some stuff about the music program?!?! That would be sweet!

Heidi said...

you are, man. one of the best!!!
love you, man.

Kulio said...

12 credit hours??? And working full-time, that is amazing!!! Deadlines make me move.

Newsflash: you are a writer.
Update: she does NOT say that to every mother trust me I know.

Taylor K said...

She doesn't say that to all the moms. Just you. I'm sure of it.

Amie said...

No way she says it to all the moms.

Maybe Julie and Julia will inspire you to blog every day for a year??

Wilde said...

Oh no--She does not say that to all the mothers. Oh yes--the school paper! :o)

Dadwah said...

I say delicious things about my girls too...and quietly applaud, well maybe not quietly, their glorious gifts. I relish your writing. Succinct yet calling rich images to mind. Distilled nectar it is. Yes, find your venue and write because you write right. Loving you lavishly!

Dadwah said...

Oh, and thank you for eliminating those word verifications...some I really couldn't decipher!

Tisha said...

writerly. nice word.

Kelle said...

Car, I love you.
You are a writer.
A real one.
And I love that you're blogging again.
And you are the best mom in the world. I can't wait to hear your girls talk about all the sacrifices you made for them someday...and how hard you worked to show them what real women can do.

meg duerksen said...

what a neat thing for you to hear from the principal. :)
that is great.