Monday, April 08, 2013

Early April Haps


I finished my writing class and started a speech class. I have a typed list of every class I have to take from now until I get my bachelors and love the feeling of crossing off each one and adding up the credits. First Aid Kit has been replaced by Kings of Convenience on my Spotify. I especially like Peacetime Resistance. I am simultaneously reading The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath and Wherever You Go, There You Are by Jon Kabat-Zinn. I've deemed my 38th year as the year of less fear, less procrastinating. This means turning papers in on time, even if they suck. And, it means putting myself out there with a photography website even though I don't know nearly what I wish I knew about ISO and aperture. 

9 comments:

Barb said...

You are a rockstar photographer, and it's a good thing, since I'm going to need quality paparazzi.

Janita said...

Atta girl!!!!!!!!!!! Lists are a requirement in my book, if only for the joy of stroking shit off. Clean line. Sometimes with a ruler.
p.s. your photos are stunning. And your new blog is beautiful - clean, friendly, inviting - just like you. At least I think you're clean. For that price, I may have to send you a ticket to Canada so you can shoot my family.

mrc-w said...

I love lists!!!! Sometimes I add things to my list just so that I can cross them out! :)

mumofsix said...

Good luck with the photography. That's fantastic. Great website. Wish I was nearer! I'm full of admiration for you. Sarah

Annie said...

Beautiful. Your attitude, your photos. You are inspiring! (and I'm huge into lists. LOVE crossing off what is done)

Maria said...

Lots of luck with your new photography website. It looks great! Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

phyllis nobles said...

Your photography is stunning. STUNNING. I just cannot stop looking at it. Please turn in crappy papers and put all your time & passion into photography. The papers really aren't important. Believe me. x

Erin said...

Your photos are beautiful! I epecially love the one of Somer on the home page- all your girls are so photogenic :) I wish you well with that and hope we can use your services soon! Every year I say that I want to do a real photo shoot on campus in late September for some Christmas card pics.

Anonymous said...

It will all be so worth it, once you have that diploma. One of the best gifts you'll give yourself.