Sunday, July 13, 2014

progress






Taking advantage of a little clarity of mind and forcing myself to exercise a little creativity beyond house stuff. House stuff that has somewhat taken over in a good and bad way. Mostly good. I cut down branches and brush in my backyard on Saturday and spent this morning bundling it all. I didn't stop to put gloves on, so now my hands look and feel like I went slip and sliding across an old wood deck. But, I feel so accomplished and grown up when I look out by the road and see them all neatly tied with twine. There is a home behind mine and to the diagonal that I like to look out at -- it isn't at all ostentatious, but lovely enough that its view should not be obstructed. And now it is not.

Classes and thus reality start back in August...in my program...where I will continue this race for my bachelors by 40. And then, maybe go back for more. In the meantime, I have been busy with kids, work, along with "leadership academy" which is a 10-month program through work. As busy as I am, I am still feeling wriggly without school...like I am standing still. I am finishing the book The Opposite of Loneliness by Marina Keegan and listening to some Bob Dylan covers by Ziggy Marley, My Morning Jacket, and others.

ADDENDUM: So much for feeling accomplished and grown up. I broke out in terrible poison ivy a week after this post. Legs. Feet. Stomach. Arms. Hands. FACE.

5 comments:

phyllis nobles said...

love the new colors & envy getting all caught up in house love x

Maria said...

Beautiful but leaves us wanting more. Awesome style. Did your brother do the painting in the fourth picture?

Carey King said...

Love the yellow door! The house looks so great:)

Kulio said...

Noooo, poison ivy!!!! I've had it, it is so awful. I got distracted from reading blogs 2 years ago. I know you understand. I just woke up this morning and remembered that I used to read blogs :)

Jennifer Rowley said...

I love your sense of style and your décor choices. Love, love, love.