Wednesday, July 14, 2010

in praise of west michigan and fine footwear

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
a few pics
from a spontaneous trip to Holland and Saugatuck, Michigan  
because I believe in spontaneity
we perused quaint shops and galleries
walked the boat docks
and browsed a lovely imperfect upstairs bookstore
we got lost in a shoe store
well, not really
but you would have thought so
I think it's a gene
a fine footwear gene
that came from my mom
who loves her keens and merrells
while her children roll their eyes
this was not intended to be a shoe post
but you should have seen the orange, high heeled borns
who knew born even made a heel
but I can't stop thinking about them
and that is all

15 comments:

Poppa said...

"These books shall be my trees."
What a delightful diversion! We love Saugatuck--artsy, quaint, nestled into nature like some small village in New England. So happy you follow your heart to places we never visit unless we do. Loving you loving life again!

Bonjour! said...

,,,hey there's poppa! (smile),,,"lemonjellos" what an adorable name for ______? cjs please fill in the blank,,,love your post,,,thank you!,,,

WillowBean said...

Your dad's comment made me cry... I can feel the pride and the love :)

Poppa said...

I think, on heaven's edge, just beside the Sea of Tranquility, there are rainbow colored adirondack chairs. Dibs on the torquise one!

Carin said...

RMA...I think it was an internet cafe. I, too, loved the name!

Heidi Lee said...

Beautiful pictures!

hdbl said...

wow, I miss you. And Luce and coffee in the winter and kids destroying bedrooms and you painting the subflooring in yours (WTH!?) and just life. you are amazingly creative and just an amazing lady! miss you!

Bonjour! said...

,,,if poppa has 'dibs' on the turquoise chair i reserve the 'yellow',,,imagine when we arrive,,,'welcome, please choose the color of your wishes and make yourself at home',,,

,,,cjs, i love the view from your lens,,,

Bonjour! said...

,,,i spy with my little eye 'into thin air',,,

mrc-w said...

What a great trip! I love those colorful chairs!

Amie said...

I love Poppa! Those chairs are absolutely calling my name. Sigh...

Kelle said...

I saw those heels in Garnet Hill catalogue. I love them. Mom has no idea what she did to us. Oh my Word...the bookstore? Let's open open together...just like it.
xoxo

Tracey Axnick said...

Wow - what a gorgeous area! Beautiful photos!

And I LOVE those shoes.....

About Brandon said...

Just dropped in to say 'hi'. I love West Michigan and grew up there. My friend Matt own's lemonjello's - I was there in middle school when that name came up for the first time - ha!

Brandon

Anonymous said...

We live in Saugatuck, work in Holland...so I gasped a bit when I spotted some landmarks on your blog! Glad you enjoyed it as much as we do :) Lemonjello's is a wonderful, eclectic coffee shop that has bands play, etc...very neat vibe.