Monday, December 31, 2012

f$#k vulnerability.


Today I think one should be a steel fortress. Today I wanted to throw Brene Brown's book across the room and call her bad names. Today I think Brene can take her damn love beads and string them somewhere else. I'm sure I'll feel differently tomorrow, but today I think vulnerability blows.

“Else if you would be a man, speak what you think today in words as hard as cannon balls, and tomorrow speak what tomorrow thinks in hard words again, though it contradict every thing you said today.”  Ralph Waldo Emerson

Special thanks to Barb who fired cannon balls with me and had me laughing so hard I cried.






4 comments:

Barb said...

I will fire cannons with you anyplace, anytime. Women of steel unite!
Love you Betch.

Anonymous said...

and thank you for this too...

t

Carin said...

t,

you're welcome.

Anonymous said...

I feel that way sometimes, too. You are not alone.